M&A continues to drive consolidation in the asset-light and non-asset logistics space. Companies are finding it’s easier to buy than build in current economy.
- SAIA announced purchase of LinkEx, an asset-light logistics company based in Dallas
- ABF Logistics acquired Smart Lines Transportation Group, and OK based TL brokerage firm, specializing in food, energy, industrial sectors
- Fed Ex purchased GENCO, a contract logistics provider specializing in reverse logistics, testing and refurbishing
- Roadrunner Transportation acquired Active Aero Group, Unitrans Int’l Corporation, and Rich Logistics/Everett Transportation, strengthening time-critical and Int’l services
- UPS Freight purchased Coyote Logistics, a technology-driven, non-asset based truckload brokerage company