- If your resume is more than 2 pages long, it better be in hard cover and authored by Dan Brown or James Patterson!
- Please don’t fill your resume with fluffy sales revenue numbers. If I don’t know your industry, I don’t care. If I know your industry, then I’m not impressed.
- Writing a paragraph about your “qualifications” that aren’t licenses or certifications is the same as using 26 font and a half page title when you wrote papers in 11th grade English class… and it reads the same way!
- Adjectives are not Key Words.
- When you tell me you are a “relationship builder,” you are really telling me that you don’t like to prospect.
- When you tell me how much of a “closer” you are, you are really telling me that you don’t like to prospect.
- If you use Social Media as a replacement to cold calling, you are lazy. If you don’t use Social Media as a supplement to cold calling, you are stupid.
- If you no-call, no-show for an interview, you are not only wasting my time but you are taking someone else’s opportunity from them. Karma’s a b***h. Just sayin’.
- If you are going to be late to an interview, just keep driving and be really early for your next one because you aren’t getting this job!
- Your boy band called, they want their 5 o’clock shadow back. Shave for an interview!
- If I’m not important enough to bring your resume to a job interview, then you are not important enough for me to care what’s on it.
- If you don’t bring your resume to a job interview, I am just going to make stuff up.
- Unless that phone call is the job offer you really wanted, then leave your phone in the car because you won’t be getting this job!
- If you put your phone or car keys on my desk I am just going to assume they are mine and begin to thumb through your photos.
- Name dropping on an interview is a great way to help me remember later that I didn’t like you.
- If you don’t wear a tie to a job interview I am just going to assume that’s a noose around your neck because you just hung yourself.
- When asked what you are looking for, let’s just assume that I know you want a “Stable company with growth opportunity.” It pretty much goes without saying that you don’t want a big glass ceiling at a company that will probably go out of business and fail to pay you commissions.
- We don’t hire managers. We promote them.
- Ladies, I’ll never assume to know how to tell a woman to dress but if you wear it to a club, don’t wear it to an interview.
- If more than 3 girls in the office will stare daggers at you when you walk in, don’t wear it to an interview.
- If your first question to me is “What is the salary?” then the answer will be NOTHING because you aren’t getting hired.
– Nick Klingensmith, Director of Sales & Personnel Development
Follow me @theBGexperience
Click Here for more information on Careers with BlueGrace Logistics.