Like it, tag it, tweet it, share it, follow it! It’s time to get social! BlueGrace® Logistics is competing in Social Madness beginning June1st! This unparalleled, tournament-style corporate challenge will measure the growth of competing companies’ social presence over an 11-week period. This event is designed to help companies grow their online presence and teach fresh methods of utilizing social media to market their company. The contest’s local sponsors will offer social media tips and host webinars so that companies can learn from them as well as their competition.
The contest is divided into two phases: a Local Bracket (four weeks) and a National Bracket (seven weeks). The combination of both phases includes a total of eight rounds plus the final round. By the end, two companies will compete “head-to-head” in a two week sprint to the finish line of Social Madness!
Today’s market offers multiple reasons why businesses should engage in social media. Surveys have shown that platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and blogging create opportunities to enhance communication with partners, clients and employees. In fact, engagement from high level executives is optimal. According to a survey conducted by BRANDfog, 94% believe a brand’s image is enhanced when a company’s executive leadership participates in social media. This is a clear indicator that companies need to keep their ear to the ground where their audience lives, works and plays. Consumers are more likely to buy from companies who’s CEOs are engaged in these networks because they are perceived as more trustworthy.
Our CEO, Bobby Harris is a proud advocate of embracing social media for business purposes, “Growth is exploding, we must work smart, and strategically leverage technology and media to drive efficiencies and connect with our core audiences, partners and clients. We must also ensure our employees are engaged and delivering upon our brand promise inside and outside of our company.”
Below are six steps to utilizing social media that have proven successful for BlueGrace:
- Make social media fun, open, and embed within the DNA of your company’s culture. Connect with customers, partners, and each other. This provides an excellent connection at all levels of an organization.
- Have a social media policy set in place to set employee expectations of the trust you instill in them in representing your brand.
- Boost employee morale & retention with social media usage. It allows employees to have a true “open door” to leadership even if not in the office.
- Lower recruiting costs. LinkedIn drove more participants to a recent job fair than all print media combined for BlueGrace.
- Retention rates can increase which reduces training expenses dramatically.
- Engage with partners helps humanize your brand and extend awareness both locally and nationally. At BlueGrace, we partner with the MMA management companies and the Humane Society of Tampa Bay.
It’s never too late to boost your brand through social media! For more tips on how to engage across multiple channels, check out our whitepaper “Top 10 Social Media Tips for Logistics”.
Don’t forget to tell your friends to like, follow and connect with us starting June 1st to support BlueGrace Logistics in this Social Madness competition!
Do you utilize one social media platform more than another? How does your company engage with customers? Let us know by commenting on our blog.
-Jennifer Masters, Business Information Analyst