OD Freight Line fits many of our Core Values. Their ability to Pursue Outrageous Goals for over 82 years, is a huge reason why we continue to work closely with them to provide our customers with complete shipping needs.
One of BlueGrace Logistics Core carriers, Old Dominion Freight line, has 226 shipping service centers, 32 transfer points, and more than 18,000 employees. OD Freight Line provides service to six major geographical regions and thousands of direct shipping points in the lower 48 States.
OD’s single-source operation helps you manage your domestic freight shipping needs with confidence and provides complete nationwide coverage across all regions of the United States.
Their Super Regional Service allows businesses to ship both inter and intra-regionally with the most competitive transit times and pricing available.
In 1934, Earl and Lillian Congdon founded Old Dominion Freight Line in Richmond, Virginia, with one truck and a commitment to keep their promises to customers. Since then, OD has turned into a global transportation leader. Today, Earl Jr. and his son, David Congdon, carry on the family tradition of doing whatever it takes to help the world keep promises.
Recently, Old Dominion was recognized with the following acknowledgements for company leadership in the industry:
- Inbound Logistics magazine recognized Old Dominion as a 2016 Top 100 Trucker and named the company to its 75 Green Supply Chain Partners (G75) list for the sixth consecutive year.
- For the seventh consecutive year, Logistics Management honored OD with its Quest for Quality Award.
- SupplyChainBrain named ODFL in its 2016 “100 Great Supply Chain Partners” listing.
- NASSTRAC honored the company as 2016 Multi-Regional LTL Carrier of the Year for the fourth consecutive year.
- Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion one of America’s Best Employers in 2015
- Fortune named CEO David Congdon to its 2015 Businessperson of the Year list.
- The ATA Transportation Security Council awarded OD with its 2015 Excellence in Claims and Loss Prevention Award for the third consecutive year.
- Mastio & Company ranked Old Dominion as No. 1 National LTL carrier for the sixth consecutive year.
- 2015 SmartWay Excellence Award winner.
- Commercial Carrier Journal ranked OD No. 10 on the 2015 Top 250 Carriers list.
- Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion as one of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies for three consecutive years.
BlueGrace Logistics is always focusing on how to make each shipment, with each carrier, cost efficient. Working with carriers like Old Dominion Freight Lines is one of the many reasons we are successful in providing cost efficient and custom transportation plans for our shippers!